|Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
NgondroThe Chariot of the Path of UnionA Treasure of Preliminary Practices by Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje
About this Teacher: Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
Born in Bhutan in 1961, the son of Thinley Norbu Rinpoche, Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche was recognized as the main incarnation of the Khyentse lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. He has studied with some of the greatest contemporary masters, including Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, the 16th Karmapa, as well as Dudjom Rinpoche. Rinpoche combines many talents: masterful and dynamic teacher, writer (What Makes You Not a Buddhist) and scholar, award-winning filmmaker (The Cup and Travellers and Magicians). More...
These teachings are available in MP3 download.
Please send an email request for MP3 download to:
Please include where, when and from whom you received empowerment.
Audio: English and Portuguese
Track titles: English
Liner notes: English
One MP3 cd in a envelope with pdf booklet.
Portuguese MP3 edition is available at email@example.com
||Excerpt from the Liner NotesTEACHINGS ON THE PRELIMINARY PRACTICES OF VAJRAYANA BUDDHISM
By Chagdud Khadro For four days at the beginning of September 2006, His Holiness Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche gave teachings on The Chariot of the Path of Union, an extensive ngondro practice from the Dudjom Tersar lineage.Many practitioners who have begun, or even completed, the concise Dudjom Tersar ngondro will find this longer version enriching, especially in the practice of guru yoga. As the foundational practices for Vajrayana Buddhism, ngondro is a condensed format for purifying the mind and accumulating merit and wisdom. Anyone who undertakes ngondro with devotion and diligence will find that positive transformation comes quickly.Among the many lineages of ngondro practice in the major traditions of Tibetan Buddhism, the Tersar (“new treasures”) Ngondro practices of Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje are especially effective in guiding the practitioner in guru yoga, the heart of vajrayana.This was the fourth time Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche has taught at Khadro Ling. His previous teachings on The Way of the Bodhisattva were a great turning point in the understanding of dharma for many people. As Dudjom Rinpoche was his grandfather, Khyentse Rinpoche is uniquely qualified to teach The Chariot of the Path of Union.Topics Include:
- The Vajrayana and the Ngondro
- Refuge and Bodhicitta
- Prostrations, Vajrasattva, Mandala Offerings and Guru Yoga
- Merit and How to Find the Guru
- Stories about Ananda, Atisha, Milarepa, Nyoshul Lungtop, Patrul Rinpoche, Gampopa, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
With a 24 page color booklet with liner notes by Chagdud Khadro including:
- a photograph of the young Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche
- Two color portraits of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche during the Ngondro teachings in September 2006
- a t’hanka image of Guru Rinpoche, painted by Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche
- a t’hanka image of Vajrayogini
- a Short History of Chagdud Gonpa in Tibet, the United States and Brazil
- Bilingual edition in english and portugueseche and Chagdud Rinpoche